Dear SPC Families,
The Tiger Fun Run has arrived, and we are well on our way to meeting the goal. Thank you to everyone who has registered and collected pledges! The students are already earning the crazy socks and silly hat prizes and have their eyes on winning the bigger grade-level incentives! Thank you in advance for your participation and support!
Go to https://pledgestar.com/stpaulofthecross/ and click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event.”
Thank you for supporting St. Paul of the Cross School’s Tiger Fun Run 2023!
Fun Run Schedule – Friday, September 22:
- Multi-Age Early Childhood: 8:30–8:55 am
- Kindergarten: 9:10-9:35 am
- 1st Grade: 9:40-10:05 am
- 2nd Grade: 10:10-10:35 am
- 3rd Grade: 10:40-11:05 am
- 4th Grade: 11:10–11:35 am
- LUNCH: 11:40 am -12:20 pm
- 5th Grade: 12:20–12:45 pm
- 6th Grade: 12:50–1:15 pm
- 7th Grade: 1:20–1:45 pm
- 8th Grade: 1:50–2:15 pm
Jewelry in Gym Class
- There should be no form of jewelry worn in gym class. Students are getting scratched, losing their earrings, losing their backs to earrings, breaking necklaces, and so on.
- Students who have recent ear piercings may need to put small bandaids over the earrings if they can’t be removed. Teachers will not be removing earrings. We understand that new piercings cannot be removed.
- This is a safety issue. Please do not wear jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, etc.) on PE days.
- Children are not allowed to wear jewelry during interscholastic competitions for safety reasons.
- If students come to class wearing jewelry, they will be told to remove it and put it in their backpacks. There can be no exceptions.
- Thank you for understanding the safety factor in this.
Save the Dates
Friday, October 6th -No School Professional Development Day
October 19th- Noon Dismissal NO EDP Parent Teacher Conferences (in person)
October 20th- No School Zoom Parent-Teacher Conferences
Friday, October 27th SPC Annual Fun Fair
Friday, October 27th, 7th and 8th Grade Halloween Dance!
Friday, November 3- Endowment Trivia Night!
May 8, 2024, 6 & 7th graders go to Springfield (this is an all-day field trip; leave at 6:30 am and return at 9:00 pm)
Family Masses are Back! Save the Dates
Once a month, in collaboration with Religious Education, we will host grade-level family Masses at 10:30 am in the Holy Family Chapel! Our students will assist with reading. I hope you join us in prayer and community!
- September 10th – 5th grade
- October 8th – 7th grade
- November 12th – 4th grade
- December 10th – 6th grade
- January 14th – 8th grade
- February 11th – 2nd grade
- March 10th – Kindergarten
- April 14th – 3rd grade
- May 12th – 1st grade
Fall Clubs 2023 Registration Information
Please click the attachment below to view the club options and the registration link. Registration opens on Friday, September 8th at 9:00 am and closes on September 15th at midnight.
Save the Date: Mandatory Parent/Child Digital Citizenship Workshop!
WHO: 5th and 6th Grade Students and Parents
WHEN:NOVEMBER 16th, 6:30–7:30 pm.
Liz Repking will return to SPC this fall to hold digital citizenship courses for 5th and 6th grades. This year, instead of having a parent-only workshop, we are holding a joint parent-student meeting to enhance the conversation about cyber safety and digital citizenship.
Dr. Erika Mickelburgh
Keep it going strong, SPC students! We are thrilled to see the all of the pledges climbing!
Thank you to all of our sponsors and donors!
From the SPC Home & School Association
Future meetings below:
Thursday,--November 9-- 8 AM - Duffin Hall
Tuesday, January 23--8PM--Duffin Hall
Friday--March 15--8 AM -- Duffin Hall
Tuesday, April 23--8PM--Duffin Hall
We hope to see you there!
More SPC Updates and Happenings
SPC 2023-24 Yearbook Pre-order and Save!
With all the back-to-school chaos still whirling around, you may have yet to hear...It's an early bird sale on St. Paul of the Cross, IL yearbooks!
Take 10% OFF the best moments of the school year!
We'll even package them up in a beautifully bound yearbook and deliver it.
Go ahead. Check it off your to-do list.
Click here to download the information and order form.
FROM THE PARISH
We have an active and vibrant parish and encourage everyone to read the weekly bulletins for Fr. James' weekly letter and stay informed about all upcoming events and programs.
AOW Fall Social & Update - Tuesday, Sept. 19, at the Harp & Fiddle
Are you, or do you know someone who is not Catholic and is interested in exploring the Catholic faith? Or are you an adult Catholic who has not yet completed receiving the Sacraments? We invite you to consider joining the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program to help you prepare to receive the Sacraments and learn more about Catholicism in an open and welcoming environment.
The RCIA sessions also provide opportunities for you to ask the questions you may have about the Catholic Church. You will be able to learn what the Catholic Church believes, teaches, and proclaims to be revealed by God.
Annual Men's Club Golf Outing Friday, September 22, 2023!
Please click here for the details and sign-up information.
FROM THE COMMUNITY
From our Catholic High Schools
The PEACE Program for HSPT Catholic School Entrance Exam Test Preparation Beginning September 23rd
Please click here for the details and registration information.
Edison Park 2023/2024 Youth Basketball
Please click here for the all of the details and registration information.