Dear SPC Families,
I pray this email finds you enjoying the summer. Earlier today, the Office of Catholic Schools released guidelines to schools regarding reopening for Fall 2020. You should have received an email from the Archdiocese of Chicago, which included a general overview of the plan and a detailed FAQ document.
In the next three weeks, I will be collaborating with two teams (The Academics Reopening Team and the Health and Safety Reopening Team) to tailor the plan to St. Paul of the Cross's specific needs. Once the Archdiocese approves our plan, I will host webinars for our community detailing the plan. The tasks of the reopening teams include but are not limited to:
Academic Reopening Team:
- Create a comprehensive academic plan that includes the revision of current curriculum maps.
- Identify cohorts and revise master schedules to prioritize academics within the new health and safety guidelines.
- Development of an assessment plan that emphasizes the use of diagnostic tests in early September to identify student learning needs.
- Establish a comprehensive social/emotional plan to support students and faculty in returning to school.
- Establish the plan for professional development for teachers that supports the revised curriculum maps, instructional strategies, use of data, and fully integrating social and emotional learning in the classroom.
- Design a plan for meaningful and relevant prayer and ongoing faith formation opportunities for faculty, staff, and students aligned with the reopening guidance.
Health and Safety Reopening Team
- Create a detailed plan for traffic flow for cohorts traveling around the buildings.
- Create an arrival and dismissal plan-identify what cohorts utilize each door.
- Secure PPE for the start of the school year.
- Develop schedules for recess, PFAs, and lunch, given new guidelines.
- Prepare main offices and work areas to ensure social distancing
- Develop a plan for regular cleaning and disinfecting of buildings focused on shared spaces, commonly touched areas, and bathrooms.
While much of the list above can appear daunting to complete prior to the start of the school year, much of the work has already been completed. I am confident in our ability to return to school in August. In the meantime, I am asking your assistance with the following:
1. Help Prepare your child for wearing a Mask in the Fall:
As a parent, I understand how we are all feeling sending our kids back to school in masks. The resources below are useful tools to read in helping our students adjust to the "new normal" of wearing masks.
2. PLEASE COMPLETE THE RE-ENROLLMENT PROCESS & TUITION PLAN (FORMERLY THE SUMMER MAILING)
Thank you to those that selected their payment plan in the tuition section of the online enrollment process. Please complete the online enrollment forms listed in the left menu, beginning with the Enrollee Information form. The tuition portion is required now, and all other portions may be completed and submitted by August 1st.
Feedback will be provided throughout the process to help you complete the enrollment packet. A yellow caution sign will appear in the menu next to forms that are missing required information. If a form contains all required information, a green checkmark will appear next to the form's menu item. You may save and return to your packet at any time.
No classroom assignments or class schedules will be distributed until the re-enrollment has been finalized. On August 6th, we will be mailing home classroom assignments and schedules. If your family has not completed the above re-enrollment, your mailing will be delayed.
3. BRIEF PARENT SURVEY
After reading the Archdiocese documents (directly below), please COMPLETE A BRIEF PARENT SURVEY: This will help inform the work of the reopening teams.
Dr. Erika Mickelburgh