Dear SPC Families,
We are very excited to welcome over 500 grandparents tomorrow! I know students and teachers are looking forward to a wonderful morning. Right at the end of the school day today I was notified that Hilary Clinton will also be attending an event at the Pickwick at the same time as Grandparents Day. To that end, our plan for parking needs to be changed. I spoke with the City of Park Ridge about the street closures and parking. Please note the following:
Where Can Grandparents Park?
- I would strongly encourage families to drive and drop off grandparents at the UGC doors and pick them up after Mass. This will lessen the number of cars on campus.
- Parking is allowed in the main church parking lot.
- Parking is allowed in the "Tiger Lot" which is the parking lot to the south of the Kinane Center on Ridge Terrace.
- Park Ridge has notified me that they will not enforce the:
- 90 minute parking restrictions in the public parking lots behind Jersey Mikes, Oberweis and all the stores on Northwest Highway.
- The No Parking from 7:00-9:00am on Northwest Highway.
- This opens up the public parking for grandparents--please note that there will not be signage to that effect, but I have word that our families can park there.
- Ryan Parke Funeral Home is allowing us to park in the back part of their parking lot.
- Parking will be allowed on Summit east of Washington. It will not be allowed between Washington and Prospect.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE FM GLOBAL PARKING LOT.
I look forward to meeting the many grandparents and grandfriends tomorrow!
Dr. Erika Mickelburgh
Notes From the School Offices
We know everyone has a bad day now and then and it’s hard to remember everything you need for school when leaving in the morning. However, this is and should be the student’s responsibility. This creates good organizational skills as well as good habits for the future. Students will not be allowed to call home for forgotten items and we ask that parents do not drop forgotten items off such as Chromebooks, homework, gym clothes, water bottles, or projects. Lunches and glasses are always accepted.
Starting October 15th, students may no longer wear shorts to school.
SPC Home and School Association
Celebrating the Spirit
Save the Date for SPC’s biggest night of the year! Celebrating the Spirit at the Oscars on February 8, 2020. Exciting details to come ...
If you have something to contribute to our auction/raffle, please let us know. Amazing vacation homes? Airline miles or hotel points? Special experiences? Sports tickets or memorabilia? Your creativity and resources will help ensure the success of this year's auction!
Bob & Jeannie McNamara
George & Megan Panothiocas
New Spoooooooky Fun!
Our main Home and School fundraiser is right around the corner. Please purchase your Fun Fair tickets today for our Halloween fun on Friday, October 25th!
Please remember to keep a copy of your paid receipt to be used as a kids choice out of uniform pass! (Excludes mass days)
We have made some changes this year to help simplify this HSA fundraiser.
Each Fun Fair ticket includes:
- All game candy (no more donating bags of candy per family!)
- One raffle ticket per student
- Face paint and crafts
- 5th-8th grade photo booth
- One Out of Uniform pass to use any day before Christmas break (your ticket receipt email is your Out of Uniform pass for your students.)
- Donation to the Home and School Association to help sponsor programs throughout the year.
Home and School also provides a free cheese pizza lunch on the day of Fun Fair! Please register your child for pizza by clicking here.
Please volunteer to help out -- this event can't happen without lots of ghosts and goblins to set up and run the games, and we always appreciate your help.
All volunteers will be given an additional raffle ticket for their child(ren) as a small token of our gratitude!
On October 25th, students are invited to wear their Halloween costumes to school and attend the Fun Fair! Please remember no masks or weapons.
Any questions, please contact:
Have you seen the cool SPC canvas tote bags and car magnets around town? The tote bags are a natural colored canvas with an embroidered SPC logo, navy accents, top zip and front pocket. Handles are long enough to go over the shoulder. Car magnets are a great way to show off that SPC is the place to be!
SPC Information and Updates
SPC Green Team - Great time to recycle all of those old electronics!
The SPC Green Team would like to let you know that Park Ridge is hosting an electronic recycling event from 9am to noon on Saturday, October 19th at the Public Works Service Center. For more information visit the Park Ridge city website.
Roundball 2020! Save the Dates January 11-19, 2020
We are excited to be planning our Roundball Tournament for 2020. Please note that this year's Roundball has been pushed back one week due to the SPC boys' basketball season going through the first week of January. We will be sending out the player, coach, and sponsorship forms in the next week, so please be sure to keep an eye out for them.
St. Paul of the Cross Parish
We have an active and vibrant parish and encourage everyone to read the weekly bulletins for Fr. Britto's weekly letter and to stay informed about all of the upcoming events and programs. Parish Bulletin for October 13, 2019
Please join us for a Candlelight Rosary October 29th
From The Community
Updates and Invitations From Our High Schools
Regina Dominican High School
October 17th Open House Flyer
6th-8th Grade Girls October 18th Volleyball Clinic Flyer
St. Ignatius Latin Days - Fun and Games on Saturday, October 26th
Please click here to download the Latin Days flyer
Resurrection High School - Admissions Events 7th & 8th Grade Girls
Please click here to download Resurrection's flyer containing information on upcoming open houses.