ADMISSION TIMELINE for 2017-2018 ENROLLMENT
October 17, 2016
Information folders available in the school office
November 1, 2016 - February 15, 2017
First Early Childhood (PS, PK, K) application submission period: completed forms should be submitted to the school office*; parents will be notified of their application and acceptance status on March 6, 2017
February 16, 2017 -
|Early Childhood (PS, PK, K) applications may be submitted to the school office* for any remaining open Early Childhood spots; parents will be notified in a timely manner of their application and acceptance status|
|June 1, 2017||All completed Grade 1-8 applications should be submitted to the school office*|
|June 2 – June 15, 2017||Assessments for Grade 1-8 applicants|
|June 15, 2017||All completed Early Childhood applications should be submitted to the school office*|
|June 27, 2017||Parents will be notified of their application and acceptance status|
|August 1- August 16, 2017||Applications will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis for any remaining open spots, PS through Grade 8. For students to start school on the first day (tentatively August 21, 2017), applications must be completed and accepted by the school office prior to Wednesday, August 16, 2017.|
* The school office is open on school days from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- One completed application for each child applying.
- The child’s original legal birth certificate issued by the state in which the child was born as required by the Illinois State Board of Education
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certiﬁcate if the child was not baptized at St. Paul of the Cross Church; the baptismal date if the child was baptized at St. Paul of the Cross Church.
- Application fee(s) (2017-18) for families new to SPC: $200 for the ﬁrst student, $170 for each additional student, not to exceed a family total of $570.
Application fee(s) (2017-18) for current SPC families: $170 for each new student.
*Families will receive a refund only if St. Paul of the Cross School does not accept the application for the child(ren).
- A copy of the child’s latest report card and/or a copy of the latest standardized test scores for transfer applicants, grades 1-8.
Please note that applications will not be accepted with any missing information or missing application fee.
- Complete one Smart Tuition Enrollment Form per family (or complete on-line enrollment at www.EnrollWithSmart.com).
- Submit completed Medical Forms
o Physical Exam: Required for all students entering Preschool, Prekindergarten (if new to SPC), Kindergarten, and 6th Grade.
o Dental Exam: Required for all students entering Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th Grade.
o Eye Exam: Required for all students entering Kindergarten.
Note: All three forms are required for any student transferring to St. Paul of the Cross School in any grade.
o Office of Catholic Schools Medication Authorization Form if applicable.
- Submit completed Extended Day Program (EDP) registration form if applicable.
PRIORITY OF ADMISSIONS
1. Currently enrolled students of families whose fee and tuition payments are up to date.
2. Siblings of currently enrolled students of families whose fee and tuition payments are up to date.
3. Children of parishioners not currently enrolled.
4. Students transferring from other Catholic schools and/or students whose current parish has no school.
5. Children from non-parishioner families. These children would be required to pay the actual cost of education for a child who attends
St. Paul of the Cross School. For the 2017-2018 school year, the actual cost is $5,744 per child (Grades Full Day K – 8).
For information regarding the Extended Day Program, please visit the Extended Day Program tab under the Parents heading on the website.
For information regarding PreSchool and PreKindergarten Handbooks and the Kindergarten Information Sheet, please visit the Curriculum tab under Academics on the website.
Application Forms and Information
|2017 - 2018|
|2017 - 2018 Early Childhood Selection Form|
|2017 - 2018 Application Form|
|Acceptable Use Policy|